Electric Car Charging Stations Business Opportunity in India
Amongst all the problems that are faced by EV users in India, one of the most commonly reported problems is the insufficient number of electric car charging stations in India.
Have you ever taken a road trip and noticed that there are many gasoline charging stations in India?
Thus, the problem is not the unavailability of the physical attributes and resources clearly.
There are a lot of stations all around; let’s see what’s stopping them from being electric car charging stations.
Requirements for Setting up an Electric Car Charging Station
- The first requirement for setting up any electric car charging station is checking the availability of land and other physical attributes.
Make sure that the land is enough to accommodate the physical charging setup and have a proper way for entry and exit of the vehicles.
Further, ensuring a decent parking space is yet another added requirement to host a fleet of vehicles at once.
All the formalities related to land fit under a lakh, excluding the cost of land, which would vary according to the area and other geographical and topological attributes.
- Secondly, make sure that all the civil works and installations are handled by experts. This ensures the safety and saves you from potential problems in the future.
The civil works fit in the bracket of 2-3 Lakhs.
- Next, make sure to have a good technical team that is well-versed in the intricacies of chargers and associated components.
The base cost for a decent team with an average team size starts from 6 Lakhs and can rise depending on the team size and experience of the team members.
- Now, coming to the mechanical and electrical requirements, make sure that your station is located near some power outlet that would ensure hassle-free connections and maintenance.
Check all the prerequisites with the local authorities to make sure you are in legal compliance with the authorities.
All these formalities lie in the bracket of 7-9 Lakhs.
- Know your crowd and set up the chargers accordingly. Make sure your chargers abide by local and international standards.
- Keep the safety instructions in mind and make sure that you follow them properly. A dedicated safety team can save you from the hassle and potential losses.
- At last, remember to be seen!
Tie up with agencies that can help you with visibility. Trustworthy discovery apps like TelioEV help people to locate you on their maps easily and promote you depending on your services.
At the end of the day, it is a business, and if it doesn’t reap profits and doesn’t reach the ri